Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Showtime #5 - My Morning Jacket



It's a known fact around the lounge that i'm a fucking huge fan of this band and for as good as their records are they pale in comparison to what they do live, i mean live they are a fucking absolute beast, able to go from acoustic ballad to a slow burn to heavy metal to blow the fucking doors off, hell sometime they do that all in one song, of course this audio doesn't do them justice but i'm glad someone caught this song cuz it's one of my favorites, this band is easily one of the top 2 or 3live bands on the planet and they bring the shit every night, this particular tour was called Spontaneous Curation and let fans pick some, part or all of the set list and when you have a back catalogue like these guys that's a hell of alot of great songs to choose from, it seems that they love the burgh and i'm hoping that since we ain't to far from Louisville that they make this a regular summer occurrence as they have the last 3 years running...

That said they came out throwing bombs and El Kono immediately dipped into his bag of tricks and started lighting joints, needless to say by the end of the show my good friend the Hassler had dubbed me the Wizard, another title to be added to a ever growing list of titles and by my hazy booze and drug addled count i believe i got over a dozen people stoned at that show, it pays to stand next to the tall guy with the large sideburns as the kids found out that night, though as the Hassler pointed out no one gets to close and i had a good six feet around me so i could jump around and sing, seems people like to give me my space which is quite nice of them and once again it was a beautiful August night, a bit cool actually which was good cuz the place sold 24oz cans of my favorite swill, namely the champagne of beers and it's Canadian brethren... so to summarize, go see this fucking band, you won't be disappointed... the setlist please...

Rollin Back/ Outta My System/ X-mas Curtain/ Lowdown/ Gideon/ Masterplan/ Wordless Chorus/ Circuital/ First Light/ I Think I'm Going To Hell/ Librarian/ Steam Engine/ Victory Dance/ To me I'm going to Scream pt. 1/ Mageetah... Encore: Butch Cassidy/ Wonderful/ I'm Amazed/ Lay Low/ Touch Me i'm going To scream pt. 2/ One Big Holiday

1 comment:

Kono said...

No comments, no future, no present, no past.