Sunday, December 25, 2011

Tis the Season Vol. 2 Song 10 - The Pogues "Fairytale of New York"



Yes it's damn near a cliche at this point for the hip kids but this is my all time favorite fucking x-mas song and if you ever get the chance to hear Mr and Mrs Gulfboot sing it consider yourself among the privileged cuz they do a fine fucking version, basically after Thanksgiving i play this song in every pub i enter, until New Year's, and even though everyone knows it and hears it a ton you can see the faces change, the slight smiles, the heads bobbing, the sing alongs, so on this fine day my gift to you is the Pogues, so Happy X-mas to my favorite patrons of the lounge, Gulfboot and the Kid and Sybil and Daisy and Rachel and Twin and anyone else who stops by on a regular basis, where's hoping Santy Claus brought you what you wanted, i know i got what i wanted... cheers.

3 comments:

sybil law said...

Well it definitely put a smile on my face, too, Kono! I've just taken a vicodin and now I am relaxing for the rest of the day - it's been a better Christmas than I even anticipated. Gilda and I are doing Mad Libs now. Woohoo!
Cheers! xoxo

twin said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to the Kono Klan! Looking forward to 2012's maudlin musings... :-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry I've been MIA. I thought you'd closed the blog down. Best Xmas present ever to see it up and running