Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tis the Season-Day 6- Joy Division Atmosphere



I'm short on time today, i have a party to go to and ply myself with lager and pills and smoke while i listen to the idiots babble around me about nothing important and before that i may go gamble, so today i go with another one of the obvious, another that if you've been paying attention will need no explanation, i tried to name my first born Ian Curtis for fuck sake, i should think that this band has had some sort of influence on my life... for the record I-mac's middle name isn't Curtis, he has the same middle name as another singer from Mancunia, (see below)...

Quite simply one of my favorite songs of all time, from one of my favorite bands of all time, it's beautiful and sad and one of those songs i mainly listen to alone while i stare out the window or walk down the street full of meaningful hopelessness, in short i love this song... and Anton Corbijn's video is just as stunning. enjoy.

5 comments:

sybil law said...

Aaaahhh... :)
Thanks, Kono. Hope the party is decent.

The Unbearable Banishment said...

Do you shoot craps? If not, don't start.

Did you ever listen to The Teardrop Explodes?

Anonymous said...

sad and pretty... suspect it would have me wanting to jump out of a window if i gave it much thought.

Rassles said...

One of my good friends has two sons named Ian and Curtis.

Kono said...

Sybil- Party was alright, wink.

UB- No shooting craps, Teardrop Explodes, Julian Cope i believe.

Daisy- spot on, sad and pretty and released after he killed himself, how powerful is that?

Rassles- what's funny is i thought about doing that, naming the second boy Curtis, Gulfboot suggested it as well.